Sunday, August 2, 2015

Family and Home

    I had said I wanted to go to Savannah and take the trolley tour.  However, when we reached Aiken, SC on Wednesday evening, it was in the high 90's and I had to rethink my plans.  So, it was decided the next morning that we would drive to Lyons, GA to visit Gene's niece, Kelly, as it was her birthday, and then head home.  We were also able to see his sister, Talley, and she treated us to lunch at the Dairy Queen.  When we got on the road after lunch, it was nonstop to Ocala.  When we arrived, we unloaded the refrigerator items and essentials, took a hot shower and fell into our own waterbed.
     Ah, it is wonderful to be able to take a trip and wonderful to come home.  So, thank you, Aunt Betty, for setting all this in motion.  And especially thank you, Gene, who drove the 3428 miles and took wonderful pictures for me to post.  I couldn't do it without you.

1 comment:

RV-Adventure said...

What a great trip you had. Enjoyed reading your posts. The family time seemed very nice to enjoy memories of the past.