Friday, August 30, 2013

Gene Found An Arrowhead!

Gene's arrow/spear head
View from "backyard" of  RV at Wilder Springs

Gene is so excited!  He's been looking for an arrowhead for years on his walks around the ranch.  Monday,
August 26th we went for a walk to Leo's Crossing.  As we walked down the trail through the meadow, he looked down and there it was.  Just a few minutes before he had said, "Lord, as many years as I've been walking these trails, you'd think I would have found an arrowhead."   He took a picture of it on his cell phone and sent it to family.  Today he took some pictures with his camera, so now I can show everyone his great find.

We moved from Lonesome Pines campground down to Wilder Springs Thursday afternoon.  I can sit outside and see and hear the water gurgling along in Spring Creek while I crochet or read.  I love it!
Gene at Leo's Crossing
Gene wanted to show me how much the water had gone down at Leo's Crossing.  When we were here in
December 2006, we took a bike ride/hike from Hill Country Campground down to a meadow and across Leo's Crossing.  At that time, the water was much deeper and colder.  Gene walked his bike across and said
he'd come back for me.  I, being sure it couldn't be that difficult, started across.  Not a smart move.  I lost my balance and sat, then fell back into the water.  He rushed across and rescued me, now soaking wet.  As it was really cold (40's) I had on several layers of clothing, so peeled off the first couple layers and started the walk back to Wilder Springs Campground.  It seemed to last forever.  We sat down at the first table and took off our shoes and socks and wrung the water out.  Then the hike from Wilder back up the hill, pushing my bike, to Hill Country.  Gene rode on ahead and asked Sally, the camp host, to come pick me up in her enclosed golf cart.  It looked like a chariot from heaven.  Back in the RV, it took several hours before I got the chill out of my bones.  So, in memory of that delightful experience, we made the much shorter hike to see how the course of the stream had changed and water was much, much shallower.  I did not try to cross it even in it's calm state.

I bought some more yarn at the Craft House at Wilder Springs, and spent a couple afternoons with the ladies there working on various projects.  It was reminiscent of old sewing bees - good fellowship and creating something at the same time.

Wednesday we moved up to Melody Lane.  It's the quietest campground during the holiday weekends.  They'll be lots of fun activities all through the weekend - flea market, duck race, ATV "marble" run, etc.  It's fun to watch the "parade" of ATVers going by - all types of vehicles.  It sort of reminds me of driving up and down the main street of town on Saturday night when we were teenagers.

Gene and I walked to the clubhouse yesterday and played mini golf and I put a puzzle together while he watched TV.  Today was computer day for me.  I might try to work in a swim at the pool later.  Ah, such tough decisions.  Love this relaxing life!

Until next time, God's blessings to all our family and friends.

No comments: