Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Quiet Week

It's been a nice, quiet week - almost.  We moved from Foggy Hollow campground to Lonesome Pines campground on Friday.  I did my laundry before we settled in site #124.  It's shaded, near the bathhouse and I have a wifi connection - all very important requirements. 

That evening we went to a potluck dinner in the Patio Room and met Art and Faye.  They are also in Lonesome Pines.  The dinner was delicious with a good variety of dishes. 

On the trip here, we had a little problem with the RV engine overheating.  Gene added antifreeze and water to the reservoir and the radiator (after it cooled down) and the temperature stayed in the normal range the rest of the way here - about 100 miles.   There was water dripping from the engine area, not the radiator, after we parked it.  When we moved to Lonesome Pines, there was water dripping again.  I asked Faye if we could ride with them to the Chapel for the service Sunday morning, which she gladly agreed to. 

Monday Gene called the Chevy dealer and made an appointment for Tuesday morning 9:00.  It takes about a half hour to get to town, so we were up and out of here by 8:15.  It turned out to be the water pump.  I'm so thankful it wasn't something major.  While there we met a delightful lady "over 80" who regaled us with stories of her family, friends and childhood.  Lou Ella could be the next Laura Ingalls Wilder! 

We made a day of it - ate lunch at Skillet Cafe, filled my prescription, bought groceries at Wal Mart, made a stop at Dollar General and finally back to Cloud 9 at 3:00.  After supper, Gene rode his bicycle up to the clubhouse to watch TV.  He cut across one of the RV concrete pads and his tire went off and back on (almost) the pad causing the bike and him to tip over.  I didn't know about this until he came home later and requested an ace bandage and some Ibuprofen.  Again, I'm very thankful nothing was broken, just sprained.

We have enjoyed walks around the campground, reading, playing Scrabble, and last night got together with Art and Faye to play Mexican Train ( a domino game).  I'm making great progress on an afghan I'm crocheting using yarn from other projects and some yarn Jen gave me.  Yesterday Faye & I rode down to the Craft House at Wilder Springs to browse.  They have some yellow, blue and green yarn that I think  I'll get today to make the afghan more colorful and larger.  That should keep me busy for a while.  We'll be moving down to Wilder Springs  campground later this afternoon.  I'm looking forward to another peaceful week.

Until the next post - God's blessings to all our family and friends.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. It sounds so peaceful. GOD bless you and. Gene.

RV-Adventure said...

Glad Gene didn't break anything when the bike fell. I'm enjoying reading your blog. I've had so many computer issues that I haven't gotten my blog updated yet. I miss the Gypsy Journal rallies, suppose you do too.