Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Cooler Weather & Campfires



We're having beautiful days and cool nights.  Gene & I have taken a couple of hikes to enjoy the scenery.  On our first hike we walked across Foggy Ford, shown in the picture to the left, and up almost to Foggy Lane.  It was up the whole way, which made it easier on the return trip.  I would like to clarify "Fogey" vs "Foggy".  All the signs are spelled "Fogey", but it's pronounced "Foggy".  I wonder if the original speller was trying to be funny.

The second picture was taken at Wilder Springs with the morning mist.  It looked surreal.  I enjoyed sitting in my chair at the campsite and listening to the stream both at Wilder Springs & Foggy Hollow.

My thanks to Margie Woodall, who told me where to find the icon to attach  pictures.

Sunday after Chapel service, we settled in the Melody Lane campground.  Cloud 9 has about six separate campgrounds so one can choose ones close to the Clubhouse or down by the stream.  Melody Lane is close enough to the Clubhouse so Gene can take the laptop to catch up on the news, emails, etc.
We also have WiFi connection at the RV, so I can do my stuff here.

Yesterday we took another hike down an ATV trail and back around to the campsite.  It was a lovely, peaceful hike with birds singing and a slight breeze blowing.  Later in the afternoon I saw a deer by the road.  It didn't stay long enough for me to get the camera.

We met two nice folks from Indiana and they invited us to their campfire.  They are Christians also and it was wonderful to share with each other what Jesus has done in our lives.

Gene has been on a hike by himself today while I have stayed home to crochet and fix stewed apples in the crockpot to go with pork chops and stuffing for supper.  Speaking of which, it's about time to start the chops.

Until next time, God's blessings to all our friends and family. 

1 comment:

Margie and Roger said...

Glad to see your photo posts. I like the misty one. Sounds like a nice trip.