Saturday, October 3, 2009

Short Trip


We are out for the first and only RV trip of the year, so we're cramming a lot into it. I'll post this in stages so as not to wear you out.


We left Ocala Sept. 10 and traveled to Tallahassee to visit my sister and husband. We always enjoy garden and cooking talk and they took us out to dinner for my birthday. Afterwards we sat in their rocking chairs and relaxed. I love the "rocking chair thing".


Our next stop was Daphne, AL to attend a revival service at Church of His Presence. It was truly a refreshing for me.


We met up with good friends Bill and Penny at Callaway Gardens on Monday. I had never been there before and was awed by the butterflies and myriad of flowers and plants. We wandered around for a few hours, then went to their home near Atlanta for a few days. They are wonderful hosts and we enjoyed our time with them very much.


Next we drove into Atlanta to meet Frank, one of Gene's high school classmates, at The Varsity.

It's an intriguing place to eat. He was very interested in our Roadtrek and traveling. We encouraged him to "just do it".

No comments: