Sunday, July 24, 2016

Resting n Relaxing

Has it been two weeks since we arrived?  I have been enjoying sitting in my screen room, reading and listening to my cd's.  Gene is much more active and walks over to the bathhouse with his tablet for wifi, up to the Pavillion to watch TV and on some of the trails. 

My last post was typed in the ladies room of the bathhouse.  Can you imagine the surprise of the ladies coming in to use the facilities and there I was by the shower stall?  This week I'm at the Trading Post and have a much better connection.  Last Sunday and today we attended the church service at the Chapel here on the Ranch and then had lunch at the Ranch House - delicious, melt in your mouth roast beef.  Gene is at the Pavillion and I'm eyeing the swimming pool.

This past Thursday we drove to Dawt Mill - about 30 miles from here.  They're located on the North Fork River and have canoeing, kayaking, cabins, RV Park and restaurants.  We ate our lunch looking out onto the River - really beautiful.

The weather has been hot - 90's - and we retreat to the RV and AC in the afternoons for a nap.  By evening it  cools down so that we can open the windows and hear the crickets and frogs.  I forget from year to year how beautiful the fireflies are flitting among the trees.

Tuesday evening, when it cooled down, Gene built a  fire and we cooked our hotdogs over it.  Afterwards I sat and watched the embers and fireflies and listened to the gurgling of the stream.
In the morning and evenings there is a thick mist over the water - looks eerie at times.

So, that is our current lifestyle.  We get to stay for another two weeks before heading home.

Until my next post, God's blessings to all of you.

No comments: